Community Engagement Initiative
The University of Delaware (UD) has a long tradition of applying knowledge and creativity to the critical challenges facing communities in Delaware and around the world. In 2015, the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching designated UD as a community engaged university. The Community Engagement Initiative (CEI) was established in 2016 to further strengthen the University’s identity and contributions as an engaged research university. Our work is guided by the Civic Action Plan which is the University’s strategic vision for community engagement. Five goals guide our university-wide and community collaborations.
- Enhance University-wide Capacity to Support Community Engagement
- Increase Support for Engaged Scholarship
- Expand Opportunities for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Launch New Knowledge-based Partnerships Addressing Critical Society Challenges.
- Increase Recognition for UD as an Engaged Research University
Join us as we grow new partnerships, conduct research on critical societal priorities, work with community partners from all sectors, and embark on programs that enable our students to learn how to use the knowledge they gain to improve the communities in which they live, work and play. Join us!